The house is owned by Paulene & Neil and is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the UNESCO World Heritage site in Penwith. The Manse dates from about 1860, during a time when West Penwith was highly industrialised. Known originally as "Marlborough Cottage" and home to a Mine Captain Andrew Angwin and his family, the property at the turn of the century was rented & finally purchased by the Methodist Church. In 1971 it was sold privately and given its long connection with the Church was renamed The Old Manse. Paulene & Neil purchased the house in 2006 and began a programme of careful restoration to try to bring both old and new together to create a comfortable retreat from a days walking or exploring.